Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Mixtape #32 - As The Night Rolls On - mp3

This week's mix is a little unusual in the sense that it is melancholy-tinged manic-pop; Two styles which normally don't mix. Everyone I come across lately seems in a strangely similar mood - everything around us is full of doom & gloom, yet with this weird manic streak... With the cold cold winter, the recession, the floods, the budget, and everyone being broke... but Christmas and a new decade on the horizon, it's strangely hopeful. I thought I'd try and capture that mood with a mix. Here's to spending your last dime on some Druids cider and dancing through that dark cold night til the sun peeps out of them clouds.

Download or just listen to:
Friday Mixtape #32 - As The Night Rolls On

On the mix this week:
1. The Clash - Straight To Hell
2. Blondie - Sunday Girl
3. The Flirts - Jukebox (Don't But Another Dime)
4. Flashmen - As The Night Rolls On (NightWaves Remix)
5. Le Galaxie - Victory (Radio Edit)
6. Yeasayer - Ambling Alp (Memory Tapes Remix)
7. Love - My Little Red Book
8. Trailer Trash Tracys - Candy Girl (Demo)
9. Best Coast - When I'm With You
10. The Mighty Stef - Sing To Me

By the way, please check out iTunes to make a purchase of The Mighty Stef's latest single as posted here... and you can even check out the video that I made with my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment